Kitchen Remodeling Cost Saving Techniques
Wanting to remodel your Schaumburg home’s kitchen, but are afraid of the cost? Adding additional value to your home while creating the perfect environment for your family doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Here are some of our favorite cost saving techniques to get you the kitchen of your dreams without a nightmare price tag.
- Consider buying Floor Models: The majority of inventory on the floor is usually the cheapest and some places will even extend the warranty if you buy right from the floor.
- Shop in early Fall: That is when the old inventory needs to leave to make way for the new inventory. This is also toward the end of remodeling “season.” This is when you will find the greatest discounts.
- Scratch and Dents: if the scratch is a surface scratch you can get a great bargain and then re-stain the item at your leisure before installation.
- Volume Discounts: Buy all of your kitchen remodeling needs from one local company. This will actually give you a greater volume discount and help you save a lot of money.
- Increase Efficiency not the size of your space: You don’t always have to tear down walls to gain square footage. Look at ways to get the maximum utility out of your cabinets and drawers.
- Donate your “trash”: Contact the local Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill chapters to see if they will remove your unwanted materials; kitchen sinks, counters, cabinets, etc for resale. Not only are you saving money you could actually collect a charitable tax credit.
- Look for energy efficient materials and appliances. You wouldn’t believe some of the tax credits you could qualify for.
- Do the demolition yourself!
- Ask your contractor. A worthwhile contractor will always share additional tricks and tips for saving you some money.
Local kitchen remodeling firms can actually save consumers up to 20% more than buying all your needs from a big chain.